When To Plant in Spring:
- Earliest Planting Date: 2 weeks after Average Last Frost
- Latest Planting Date: 5 weeks before Average Last Frost
- Length of Planting Window: 3 weeks
When To Plant in Fall:
- Earliest Planting Date: 12 weeks before Average First Frost
- Latest Planting Date: 9 1/2 weeks before Average First Frost
- Length of Planting Window: 2 1/2 weeks
- To find your Average First or Last Frost, click here and type in your zip code.
Planting: Sow seeds 2” apart in rows spaced 36-48” apart. Plant seeds 1” deep. Bush habit.
Care: Water frequently and mulch. Excessive heat will cause flowers to drop.
Harvesting: Pick frequently for increased yields. Use beans within one week for optimum flavor and texture. Harvest while small and tender for best flavor.
Special Instructions/Tips: As the plant grows, it may need to be staked to keep the beans off the ground.
Germination: 3 – 6 days
Days to Maturity: 60 – 100
Preferences: plenty of water, full sun, well-draining soil